User type: archive
Preservation policies define how the technical maintenance of PIAs should be carried out to ensure intellectual and technical permanence, as well as ensuring the authenticity, integrity, reliability and availability of electronic archival documents. over time. In addition to its definition, it also controls its execution.
Includes the following preservation strategies or operations
- Migration: This policy allows the transformation or conversion of an electronic archive document in a certain format to a better known, stable or standardized format, while preserving the integrity of the content of the corresponding document and ensuring its correct consultation and display in the future. In the following document you will find the formats that can be migrated and the possible migration formats ( excel )
- Consistency: The goal is to periodically verify that PIAs maintain their integrity for as long as they remain in iARXIU. The way to do this is to check that the cryptographic summary of the digital objects obtained at the time of their entry is the same as the one calculated when executing the policy.
A preservation policy defines:
- A preservation operation
- A selection criterion
- Some dates on which that policy is executed
High preservation policy
The fields to report are as follows:
- Selection criteria:
- All background packages
- Documentary series (listed with the registered documentary series)
- Descriptive data:
- Policy name
- Policy description
- TAAD code
- Reason for the policy and who will be notified when the policy will be implemented
- Action to be taken. Choose one of the following:
- Indication of source format and destination format
- Consistency (integrity check)
- Policy Execution:
- Execution start date.
- Execution frequency (in years, months or days)
Once all the fields on the previous screen have been filled in and it has been verified that there are no errors, the policy is registered on the platform.
Additionally, the system will associate a unique identifier for each policy.
The creation of technical policies allows to indicate a documentary series or a whole fund. If a series has a specific policy, then the policy specified for the fund will not apply to you. That is, the policy with serial identifier takes precedence over the background policy.
Modifying a policy allows the archivist to modify all the data in a policy.
Political activation / deactivation
Activating / deactivating policies allows the archiver to start or stop a certain policy. Active policies create the corresponding tasks and operations, and inactive policies do not perform any action, but their data can be viewed.
The query of executions and results allows the archivist to see what the executions of the policy have been, sorted from most recent to oldest. To check which PIAs have been affected by the implementation of the policy, you must consult the stock register.
The data displayed in the query for each of the policy executions are as follows:
- Execution start time
- Execution end time
- Execution result. Possible states are:
- Execution in progress
- Number of packages affected or treated during execution
This option allows you to delete a policy.
Note: Please note that deleting a policy does not "restore" executions made from the policy prior to deleting it.